Alan Moore, Charles Burns, Eddie Campbell, Emily Carroll, Fabien Vehlmann, Garth Ennis, horror comics, Junji Ito, Kerascoet, Mike Mignola, Osamu Tezuka, Steve Bissette, Will Simpson
- MW by Osamu Tezuka
- From Hell by Alan Moore & Eddie Campbell
- Uzumaki by Junji Ito
- Beautiful Darkness by Fabien Vehlmann & Kerascoet
- Black Hole by Charles Burns
- Through the Woods by Emily Carroll
- The Sleep of Reason by various artists
- Hellblazer: Dangerous Habits by Garth Ennis & Will Simpson
- Hellboy by Mike Mignola
- Swamp Thing: American Gothic by Alan Moore & Steve Bissette.
As with previous lists, I’ve generally tried to avoid a series that runs on for a long time, as that’s hard to properly judge (Hellboy being the one exception). Which is why I specifically picked the best Hellblazer and Swamp Thing story. As much I was tempted to, I didn’t include Warren’s Creepy and Eerie, because, though they had many awesome stories, they also featured many that weren’t so great.